User experience is a red hot field right now and designers are in tremendously high demand. Of the roughly 25,000 UX job openings in the United States on Glassdoor, about 25% of them are for UX designers. Their overall goal is to design people-friendly experiences through an unwavering focus on user needs, expectations, and systematic feedback, as obtained through UX research.
This infographic offers an overview of the role to demystify a position so crucial that most practitioners break the six-figure barrier after just a few years. Download and share it with your networks.
Click the image for the full-sized file. Or download the infographic as a PDF here.
Also, stay tuned for future infographics that will provide detailed information about more in-demand UX roles.
In the meantime, check out these resources for more UX-related career information:
- The State of UX Salaries in 2019
- How to Become a UX Designer
- 25 UX Design Interview Questions—and Answers
- How to Get Your First UX Design Job, a 40-page ebook packed with insight from industry experts.
- The UX Career Track, a flexible, mentor-led course with a job guarantee.