Several job and internship fairs will be held this Spring! Representatives from many for-profit, government and nonprofit organizations will be available to speak with students regarding both full-time employment and internship opportunities. Students of all majors and class years are encouraged to attend all fairs that interest them.
The STEM Job and Internship Fair is February 4 from 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. in the Mandela Room. View more information and a list of attending organizations here.
The Spring Job and Internship Fair is February 5 from 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. in the Mandela Room. View more information and a list of attending organizations here.
The Student Employment and Summer Opportunities Fair is February 6 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. in the Mandela Room. View more information and a list of attending organizations here.
Come prepared by using our Prepare for the Fair Checklist!
- Polish your resume! Use samples from the Fleishman Center’s Career Guide as reference, upload your document into VMock for an initial review, and visit the Fleishman Center during Walk-in Consulting for feedback. Print copies to take to the fair.
- Update your hireBING profile! A completed hireBING by Handshake profile makes it easier to find and apply for positions!
- Update your LinkedIn profile! Use our Career Guide to get started, attend LinkedIn programs, and visit the Fleishman Center during walk-in consulting for feedback.
- Plan your Fair visit! Review the list of registered organizations and identify those you are most interested in speaking to. Research the organizations and check to see if they have positions already posted in hireBING.
- Develop and practice your elevator pitch! Decide what you want to say and how you want to say it. Tips can be found in our Career Guide, and you might find it helpful to watch a video for some ideas. Practice saying your pitch out loud using Big Interview as a starting point (answer the “tell me about yourself question” and review how you did!). For feedback, visit the Fleishman Center during walk-in consulting hours.
- Follow-up after the Fair! Apply to positions posted through hireBING and/or on employer websites, connect with new contacts on LinkedIn, and follow-up on your initial conversation with emails.
If you have questions about any Fleishman Center services or need help preparing for the job fairs, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our office in UU-133A!