Mentor Match is a campus-wide mentoring platform aimed to connect current students with alumni in a variety of professional fields through mentorship – helping to prepare you for a successful future, navigate careers, and perhaps even explore new career paths!
Mentor Match gives mentees exclusive access to a robust network of alumni mentors who are eager to share their wisdom and advice about professional life after graduation. Use this rare opportunity to learn directly from professionals doing work they love as they provide critical information, advice, recommendations and contacts for your career path research.
Benefits of becoming a mentee:
- Grow your professional network
- Build confidence navigating collegiate and professional challenges
- Develop your leadership skills
- Explore career opportunities and gain clarity on your career path
- Receive professional advice on networking, internships and jobs, transferable skills, and more
- Understand steps you can take to achieve your professional goals
Already signed up? Here are some preparation tips for a successful meeting:
- Identify your goals for the mentorship
- Formulate open-ended questions to ask on a variety of topics
- Research your mentor and their organization using LinkedIn and their company website
- Practice your 30 second elevator pitch
- Have a copy of your resume with you and a paper and pen available
- Dress professionally even if the meeting is not in person
Check out the Mentor Match web page to sign up for a match, get answers to FAQs, and other helpful info on making the most of your experience!
Contact the Fleishman Center at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about our programs or events.