How are you setting yourself apart on your resume and during an interview?
Even if right now you are not actively applying for job or internship opportunities – now is the perfect time to make sure you are ready to stand out from the rest of the applicants.
What you should do this week:
1. Take a good look at your resume/CV.
- Is it highlighting your skills effectively?
- Are your experiences all up-to-date?
- Have you incorporated feedback from VMock and had it reviewed by a Fleishman Center career consultant?
2. Brush up on your interviewing skills.
- Do you have great answers to the common interview questions and have good examples demonstrating how you’ve used your skills and strengths?
- Have you used Big Interview to practice answering questions?
- Have you scheduled a mock interview with Fleishman Center staff to do a practice run and get professional feedback?
There is a ton of great info covering everything from how to craft resume bullet points, tips for writing a cover letter, effective job/internship search strategies, creating a stellar LinkedIn profile, and best practices for networking and interviewing!
Join us for Instagram Live this week @bingfleishmancareer
- Monday, April 27 at 6 pm: Part 3 of Gaining Skills Employers want (COVID-19 Edition)
- Wednesday, April 29 at 1 pm: Live Q&A with Fleishman Center career consultants!
Don’t forget – Fleishman Center staff are ready to help (and we miss you)!
Schedule a career consulting appointment in hireBING for assistance with any career-related topics!