Have questions about workplace accommodations or the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)?
Have questions about the Rehabilitation Act and workplace accommodations?
Need technical assistance about accommodations to stay at work/return to work?
Want resources about starting a small business when you are a person with a disability?
Need information on assistive technology, accessibility, or the cost of an accommodation?
The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) is the leading source of free, expert, and confidential guidance on workplace accommodations and disability employment issues.
JAN helps people with disabilities enhance their employability, and shows employers how to capitalize on the value and talent that people with disabilities add to the workplace.
JAN has resources for both Individuals & Employers.
JAN provides free consulting services for all individuals, regardless of employment status!
Services include one-on-one consultation about all aspects of job accommodations, including the accommodation process, accommodation ideas, product vendors, referral to other resources, and ADA compliance assistance.
JAN services are accessible in a variety of ways:
- Online Tools
- Publications and Resources
Let JAN help you find a job!
- GettingHired.com is the place where people with disabilities seeking employment, employers committed to hiring people with disabilities, service providers, college disability and career services departments, and disability advocacy groups connect.
- Hire Disability Solutions provides comprehensive career services to facilitate employment for people with disabilities, veterans, their family members, and others who face challenges in their lives.
- Since 1995, ABILITY Jobs has helped 100’s of thousands of job seekers with disabilities in their employment search. With the first stand-alone resume bank, employers can actively seek talented people with disabilities looking for work. Individuals with disabilities looking for work in the entertainment industry can join ABILITYE.com.
- Finding a Job that is Right for You
Looking to start your own business?
You have access to JAN on Demand for Self-Employment and a number of additional resources to assist with the development of their business.
JAN has a Workplace Accommodation Toolkit which is a free, comprehensive online resource for employers seeking to move beyond basic compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in order to create more disability-inclusive workplaces.
Services include one-on-one consultations about all aspects of job accommodations, including the accommodation process, accommodation ideas, product vendors, referral to other resources, and ADA compliance assistance.
Check out the Upcoming Webcasts & Training Events
July 14th – ADA Update
Join the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and JAN as representatives provided participants with the latest developments in the application of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in the workplace, some practical tips for compliance, and answers to tough ADA questions.
August 11 – Effective use of a Support Person/Job Coach in the Workplace
Remote Monthly Series Training
Other ways to stay connected:
Follow JAN’s blog: https://askjan.org/blogs/jan/index.cfm
Download the Mobile Accommodation Solution (MAS) App to Streamline the disability accommodation process! Available on both Google Play & in the Apple Store.