In this age, the only effective plan for a job search is an integrated job search strategy.
Here are some essential components of an integrated job search:
- Create highly targeted versions of your resume.
- It is who you know. Network, network, network.
- Don’t rely on any single online job board.
- Identify and establish relationships with the most important marketing recruiters (AKA headhunters) that specialize in the type of job you’re targeting.
- Maintain a consistent presence in social media, as well as offline.
An integrated job search is no small task. But if you are treating your search and your career seriously, it’s a must.
Read this blog for more details about each essential component.