What is Public Relations? Public Relations experts manage a company’s public image. As a public relations specialist, you would:
- Build relationships with journalists and pitch stories related to the clients they represent.
- Write press releases promoting a specific product or news item related to their clients.
- Manage relationships with clients to ensure that they understand their specific publicity needs and can strategize accordingly.
- Track and report the results of PR campaigns and optimize campaigns based on those metrics.
Learn more about the field of PR from the experts at WayUp here: https://www.wayup.com/guide/what-is-public-relations/
What do you need to major in to enter this field? There is no one major that enables you to enter the PR field! Here are a few options at Binghamton that provide you with the skills needed to succeed in PR:
- Business Administration and Management
- Comparative Literature
- International Global Studies
- Political Science
If you have any questions about pursuing a career in Public Relations, schedule an appointment with a career consultant from the Fleishman Center. You can schedule online through hireBING.