As we begin to return to a new academic year, we certainly have had many unforeseen distractions over the past 6 months. It’s time to start fresh, look ahead and think about gaining experience. You don’t have to go far to find these opportunities.
- Consider the Center for Civic Engagement’s extensive service list of opportunities related to health.
- Check out Fleishman Internship Program (CDCI) and HireBING for available fall internship opportunities.
- Health Promotion & Prevention Services houses a variety of programs like REACH, MHOPE and IVP that hire interns interested in a variety of healthcare fields. While many on-campus internships have been filled for the fall, that doesn’t mean it’s too late to start researching and networking with your office of interest for the spring. Connect with current interns to learn about the position so you can be ready to apply when they are ready to hire again. Many spring applications will be due in a few short months. Is your resume up-to-date?
- Harpur Edge provides valuable opportunities for students interests in health care.
- The Association of American Medical Colleges suggests 5 other ways to gain experience besides shadowing in this helpful article.