Mentors can play a valuable role in your career and professional development, and help you achieve a new level of success. Mentors can give you an edge that differentiates you from your peers and/or your competition. They can provide knowledge, insight, support, guidance, and even open doors for you and help you identify career opportunities.
So we know why you need a mentor, but how do you find one?
It’s easy… Join Mentor Match! Mentor Match is a FREE online platform that connects Binghamton students with alumni with a goal of helping you prepare for a successful future, navigating your career and exploring career paths.
The platform is open to students from all class years, programs and schools, and Mentor Match gives mentees exclusive access to a robust network of alumni mentors who are eager to share their wisdom and advice about professional life after graduation.
Mentors can connect with mentees anywhere — from just down the street or around the globe.
There are hundreds of alumni working in the Business & Entrepreneurship industry waiting to connect with you and provide you with mentoring and career support!
Some alumni you can connect with:
- Amanda Marshall – Senior Analyst at American Express
- Dennis Kim – Commercial Finance Director at Nike
- Stephanie Levitt – Campus Recruitment Associate at AlphaSights
How does it work?
- Join for free at binghamton.chronus.com and complete your profile.
- Browse the list of suggested alumni mentors based on your profile and interests. You can filter the list by geographic location, occupation, campus involvement or identity (e.g., athletics, EOP, first-generation)
- Identify a mentor you’d like to reach out to. (You need to make the first move!) Click ‘Connect’ and add a professional note inviting the mentor to have a conversation. That’s it!
Match Madness Promo:
The first 250 students who make a new connection with a mentor now through Friday, Nov. 20 will receive an $10 e-gift card!