Mentors can play a valuable role in your career and professional development, and help you achieve a new level of success. Mentors can give you an edge that differentiates you from your peers and/or your competition. They can provide knowledge, insight, support, guidance, and even open doors for you and help you identify career opportunities.
So we know why you need a mentor, but how do you find one?
It’s easy… Join Mentor Match! Mentor Match is a FREE online platform that connects Binghamton students with alumni with a goal of helping you prepare for a successful future, navigating your career and exploring career paths.
The platform is open to students from all class years, programs and schools, and Mentor Match gives mentees exclusive access to a robust network of alumni mentors who are eager to share their wisdom and advice about professional life after graduation.
Mentors can connect with mentees anywhere — from just down the street or around the globe.
There are hundreds of alumni waiting to connect with you and provide you with mentoring and career support!
Some alumni you can connect with include:
- Benny Spiewak – Writer and story producer on Spotify’s “An Oral History of the Office”
- Stephanie Levitt – Campus Recruitment Associate at AlphaSights
- Amy Hever – Executive Vice President, Social Responsibility for the Philadelphia 76ers
How does it work?
- Join for free at binghamton.chronus.com and complete your profile.
- Browse the list of suggested alumni mentors based on your profile and interests. You can filter the list by geographic location, occupation, campus involvement or identity (e.g., athletics, EOP, first-generation)
- Identify a mentor you’d like to reach out to. (You need to make the first move!) Click ‘Connect’ and add a professional note inviting the mentor to have a conversation. That’s it!
Match Madness Promo:
The first 250 students who make a new connection with a mentor now through Friday, Nov. 20 will receive an $10 e-gift card