The Link Foundation is pleased to announce the application process is now open for the 2021-2022 Link Foundation Fellowship in Modeling Simulation and Training. The fellowship amount has increased to $30,500 for 2021-2022 and is now renewable for a 2nd year.
In an effort to foster education and innovation in Modeling, Simulation and Training, The Link Foundation awards fellowships to qualified doctoral students to support their research in areas that embody the objective of its founder, Edwin A. Link, inventor of the first flight simulator. The fellowships are awarded each year through a competitive process.
Eligibility requirements remain the same as last year, which are:
- Enrolled full time in an established PhD program at a U.S. or Canadian institution
- Working full time towards their degree during the fellowship year(s)
- United States citizenship is NOT required.
Possible areas of research include any of the following:
- Modeling and simulating interactive, real-world environments in which people function
- Developing and applying technologies that enable modeling and simulation
- Training and preparing individuals to perform in interactive environments through the use of simulation
Applications are due by January 15, 2021 for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Application materials, a description of evaluation criteria, and other information may be found at www.linksim.org. The Florida Institute of Technology administers this fellowship. A flyer with information about the fellowship is attached and also available here to post a link or send out.
Please visit www.LinkFoundation.org to learn more about The Link Foundation. The foundation also offers fellowships in the area of Energy (www.linkenergy.org) and in the area of Ocean Engineering and Instrumentation (www.linkoe.org)