TikTok, an app that allows users to create and view short videos, is one of the most widely used social media platforms by Gen Z. The app was originally popularized when users filmed themselves participating in viral dance trends, but has since expanded to showcase comedy, recipes, crafts, and also professional development tips on #careertiktok! Here are a few TikTokers to follow that can provide great insight and advice to help you navigate networking, searching for a job, succeeding in your industry, and so much more!
- @j.t.odonnell — J. T. O’Donnell is a career coach and the CEO of Work It Daily, a platform that has free resources on YouTube for job seekers. On her TikTok account, she posts answers to common questions, such as how to follow up with an interview, what questions to ask during an interview, and how to stand out in the job market.
- @erinmcgoff — Erin McGoff is a film editor by trade, so she has a page full of masterfully edited videos that also offer some excellent career advice. She is most known for walking users through how to answer some of the most difficult interview questions, such as “Why should we hire you?” and “Tell me about yourself.”
- @corporatelife — David Paykin’s popular page Corporate Life has a ton of great college and career advice, and his most viewed clips feature tips on resumes, interviewing, and searching for jobs. His videos do an excellent job of walking users through how to search for and speak to recruiters, which is helpful for job seekers! In his bio, he links some free templates that can help users construct professional emails and LinkedIn messages in order to boost their networks.
- @danfromhr — Daniel Space is an HR professional who draws on his 20 years of experience in the industry to provide advice on networking, negotiating, interviewing, and looking for jobs. He also has content to help those looking to get started in HR.
- @wonsulting — This account has it all: humorous, informative, and easy to understand videos that tackle the most important job search topics. Wonsulting is an excellent account to check out if you are looking for tips on how to stand out and how to boost your LinkedIn profile.
- @selfmademillennial — Madeline Mann, a HR professional who is renowned for her job search advice, uses her TikTok platform to address do’s and don’ts of job interviews, LinkedIn, and connecting virtually.