We’ve all been there… it’s 9 or 10 o’clock at night you’re scrolling the job boards and hitting the apply button on every possible opportunity you come across.
The usual panic-applying cycle includes:
- Hours of scrolling
- A frantic search for ANYTHING that sounds “good enough” or even remotely related to the things you’re interested in/searching for
- Feeling defeated
It’s tempting, I know, but it’s also a cycle that usually doesn’t lead to positive results. Here’s what you can do instead:
- Get clear about what you’re looking for
- Bing Career Destinations and O*Net OnLine are great resources to help you determine what job titles are commonly associated with the careers you are interested in.
- Develop a job search plan
- Schedule an appointment with The Fleishman Center to develop a job search strategy and put that plan in motion.
- Remember that the number of applications matters, but the quality of your application materials matters more.
- Download one of our editable resume templates and utilize the career guide for tips on tailoring your application materials.