(CDCI 476/HDEV 476)
Prepare and design your next steps
Students will explore and discuss how to create a post-graduation plan that is reflective of their career goals. This course is intended to facilitate increased confidence in the job search or graduate school application process through guided activities and reflection, industry research and facilitated networking to increase students’ social capital.
Please consult with your academic advisor if you have questions about how this course may or may not factor into the total credits required for graduation.
This course is intended to provide students with an opportunity to:
- Reflect on personal and professional experiences and understand how those contribute to their understanding of individual career goals
- Increase confidence and competence in application materials, professional branding and interviewing
- Develop a network of professionals to support individual career goals
Student learning outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Identify influential career experiences and describe their connection to professional goals and career aspirations.
- Compare career interests utilizing Labor Market Insights to comprehend industry trends and salary details in order to curate an application strategy.
- Develop a sphere of industry connections that will enhance their understanding of company culture, industry knowledge, and improve the quality of application materials and interviewing practices.
- Feel they have the self awareness and tools to be more prepared for the workplace.
Students with junior or senior standing are eligible to register for this course. Look for “CDCI 476” or “HDEV 476” in course listings and register as you normally would in BU Brain.
Questions about this course can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “CDCI 476” in the subject line.