Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, empowers a smarter, faster, more consistent customer experience through automation. Amazon Robotics automates fulfilment center operations using various methods of robotic technology including autonomous mobile robots, sophisticated control software, language perception, power management, computer vision, depth sensing, machine learning, object recognition, and semantic understanding of commands. Amazon Robotics has a dedicated focus on research and development to continuously explore new opportunities to extend its product lines into new areas.
Amazon Robotics internship opportunities will be based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for interns to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 or more consecutive weeks with start dates between May and June 2021.
The Amazon Robotics Data Science team uses data science, business analytics, and experimentation to drive decisions for Solutions Designers, Product Development, and Operations teams. Our analyses support the design and deployment of new technology and FC designs. We have four analytic competencies: Strategy, Concept, Design, and Validation/Production.
Strategy defines the business case for future areas of technology investment. Concept uses data to drive technology decisions regarding new and disruptive technologies prior to alpha experimentation. Design provides inputs required for new fulfillment center and other solution designs, ensuring that they satisfy key capacity requirements. Validation and Production includes design of experiments (DOE), evaluation of emerging technologies from alpha experimentation through final beta validation, and characterization of KPIs following deployment.
A successful candidate will help contribute data analytics & engineering across the analytic competencies. In this role, you will collaborate with Designers, Software and Hardware, and Operations teams.
- Completion of at least junior year of degree program is required
- Degree program in data science, computer science, statistics, applied math or other related discipline
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, talented team
- Sense of humor and willingness to learn
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize conflicting requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to succinctly summarize key findings.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize critical tasks and conflicting requirements with a high attention to detail.
- Experience with big data and object oriented programming languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, etc.).
- Experience in data mining using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- Good working knowledge of applied statistics and machine learning techniques.
- Good knowledge of SQL and working with relational databases.
- Knowledge of data visualization software (Microstrategy, Tableau)
- Experience using Cloud Storage and Computing technologies such as AWS RedShift, RDS, Hadoop etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.