Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
ANSYS empowers the world’s most innovative companies to design and deliver transformational products by offering the best and broadest engineering simulation software to solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Thus, through our enriching internship program, we help develop the next-generation of engineers and technologists.
As an Additive Manufacturing Simulation Validation Intern, you will join our Mechanical Business Unit Validation Team. This internship is a 40-hour per week paid position, starting January 2021 and concluding April 2021.
– Work with the AM validation team to conduct iterative analysis of simulation data
– Run calibration/validation simulations and case studies
– Provide simulation data analysis, results visualization and reporting
– Support the design of experiments and experimental validation data analysis
– Support development of calibration/validation documentation
– Pursuing a MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Aerospace Engineering, or related technical degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
– Must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
– Good technical data analysis and report writing skills
– Exposure to Windows/Linux systems
– Sharp and tenacious problem-solving skills
– Team player, responsible, and motivated
– Programming experience (i.e. Python)
– Exposure to FEA (i.e. ANSYS), CAD, ParaView and or other relevant modeling/design and visualization tools
– Knowledge in metallurgy, metallic material processing, and laser powder bed fusion process
– Working knowledge in metallurgical characterizations, mechanical testing and thermal imaging
– Metal additive manufacturing experience
– ANSYS/Workbench experience
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.