- Sign on Bonus: $5000
- Department: Diagnostic Radiology
- Schedule: Full Time; One weekend per month required
- Hospital: Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital
- Location: Pensacola, FL
All FT techs rotate through one weekend shift per month
Take radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.
- Prepare and position patients for imaging and selects exposure factors accurately.
- Prepare and administer contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observe patient during procedure and report abnormal activity.
- Monitor protocols and recommend updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follow radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Prevent patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensure prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensure equipment is properly functioning. Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Position patients and select anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- One or more of the following required:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Computed Tomography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the Florida Radiologic Technology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High School diploma equivalency with 2 years of cumulative experience OR Associate’s
degree/Technical degree OR 4 years of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.