Location: Buffalo, NY, US
Req ID: 23110
Date: Oct 11, 2020
ASR Group is the world’s largest refiner and marketer of cane sugar, with an annual production capacity of more than 6 million tons of sugar. The company produces a full line of grocery, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Across North America, ASR Group owns and operates six sugar refineries, located in Louisiana, New York, California, Maryland, Canada and Mexico. In the European Union, the company owns and operates sugar refineries in England, Portugal. ASR Group also owns and operates mills in Mexico and Belize. The company’s brand portfolio includes the leading brands Domino®, C&H®, Redpath®, Tate & Lyle®, Lyle’s® and Sidul®.
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the incumbent will have HR generalist responsibility for supporting a non-refining operation.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with stakeholders to execute demand planning activity which anticipates hiring and capability needs.
- Recruit and hire candidates to fill vacancies within targeted cycle time.
- Coordinate elements of hiring process including recruitment, phone screen, interview, background check, medical physical, etc.
- Support college recruitment efforts as a member of the ASR Group HR Team.
- Manage regulatory requirements related to tracking of applicant data.
- Lead talent management activity aimed at building talent for the enterprise, including talent reviews, succession planning, college intern program, job rotation, high potential programs, and career development/pathing.
- Conduct new hire induction to ensure a positive employee assimilation into the ASR organization.
- Provide counseling and guidance to senior leadership on creating/executing performance improvement and development plans
- Proactively participate and lead local communication/engagement plans aimed at optimizing employee engagement and creating a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Anticipate and preempt employee issues/ concerns. Address employee concerns/ grievances in a collaborative matter if/ when they occur.
- Provide positive counsel and advice to employees and supervisors, as needed.
- Drive employee recognition programs to create a high level of employee morale.
- Be a visible presence with employees at the site by frequently walking the floor.
Reward, HRIS, HR Operations
- Proactively ensure compliance with legal, statutory and company policies and procedures of HR-related processes and programs.
- Provide education and support to employees around benefits.
- Maintain internal HRIS system and other e-service systems by entering any employee change information (new hires, changes, terminations, promotions, transfers, etc.). Update changes to the employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll, benefit carriers and other internal/external areas.
- Support efforts to ensure high quality salary planning process.
- Manage personnel files and any other HR-related administrative management, in a high quality confidentail manner.
Learning & Development
- Analyze, Design, Develop, Deliver, and Evaluate training programs aimed at building capacity for the firm.
- Manage data associated in learning & development through the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Understand and support individual development needs and plans.
- Drive continuous improvement in all HR processes.
- Assist with the coordination of special projects and events, as needed.
- Participate in community affairs activity, as needed.
- Performs other duties as required
- 3-5 years of professional high quality experience in Human Resource as either a Specialist or Generalist roles, preferably a combination of both.
- Experience in managing an HRIS database.
- High skill level in Microsoft Office Suite (PPT, Excel, Word).
- Ability to speak with a high level of professionalism and presence to individuals or groups.
- Experience providing HR support to an industrial/manufacturing or distribution/logistics business.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related discipline from accredited university.
- Advanced degree desired, but not required.
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Anticipation – Ability to anticipate business and HR needs, issues and problems and be proactive in addressing such needs.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to analyze information and made deductions based on information. Ability to track and report data, as needed.
- Business Acumen & Partnership – Demonstrated strong ability to understand the business and align HR activity to meet business and employee needs at both strategic and operational levels.
- Computer Proficiency – Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and Internet research.
- Edge – Well organized, ambitious, courageous, flexible but decisive, with the ability to communicate and effectively influence others.
- Emotional Maturity – Ability to withstand pressure and manage emotions effectively to create the right effect on people and organization.
- Energy – High positive energy to take on continuous and complex business challenges in a fast-paced environment. Persistence to drive to solutions despite obstacles and/or competing priorities.
- Ethics & Integrity – High degree of personal integrity in all business dealings.
- Execution – Attentive to detail and demonstrated ability to deliver on accountabilities in order to help the business and the team be successful. Track record of high-performance.
- HR Functional Skill – General awareness, exposure, and understanding across most HR sub-disciplines.
- Influencing & Engagement Skills – Ability to proactively engage and influence others at all levels, at times without formal authority. Confidence and ability to have critical conversations, if necessary.
- Judgment/Decision-Making – Smart, with the ability to think through issues and make wise decisions, often without all facts and information or high levels of direction.
- Problem-Solving & Opportunity Identification – Ability to frame clear problem statements and use objective information and data to help solve complex business challenges and generate options and solutions for business leaders. Identify opportunities for HR to contribute value to the business.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – A great team player with a great attitude, good customer service orientation, and focused on delivering outstanding results to their clients and the business, overall.
- Travel – Ability to travel as need to domestic locations.
- Working Independently & Efficiently – Ability to work independently with strategic direction. Ability to work with a diverse, geographically-dispersed population.
- LOCATION OF ROLE
- Buffalo, New York
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.