Finding the right fit:
Ayres Associates is looking to add a purpose-driven student to grow with our team. Internships are meant to be resume-boosting experiences that allow you to test drive your future career. We’ll give you that and so much more! An internship with Ayres will lead to meaningful work that supports your future career, tools and resources to be successful, and mentors who are passionate about the industry. We expect our interns to have confidence, be adaptability, and be a team player.
We look forward to reviewing your application and meeting you.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Work under the direct supervision of engineering staff and will be assigned to design and bridge inspection projects.
- Gain diverse experience involving a wide variety of vehicular and pedestrian bridges, retaining walls, buildings, and tunnel projects. Support the development of projects including structural design, preparation of plans, writing reports, and computing quantities.
- Assist with bridge inspections including on-site investigations, documenting findings, preparing reports, and other duties.
- Position may require limited overtime and out-of-town travel (anticipated to be less than 25% of time and maximum of 5 consecutive days).
- In pursuit of a civil engineering degree.
- Reliable means of transportation to travel to office location.
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Structural design classes and/or experience is beneficial.
- Strong communication, problem-solving and analytical skills.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities