The Community Engagement Specialist plays an important role in B Lab US & Canada’s goal to drive economic and environmental justice through our central stakeholder: Certified B Corporations. The Community Engagement Specialist delivers resources and support at critical moments in companies’ B Corp journeys in order to build a thriving, resilient, and JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion)-forward community. The Community Engagement Specialist tracks the health of the B Corp community, identifying and implementing improvements.
This role is on the Community Team within B Lab US & Canada. The Community Team functions are designed to support and activate our core stakeholder: Certified B Corporations. Our team members are convenors, connectors, innovators, and equity-oriented community builders with a range of expertises: company engagement, events, technology, and network building.
The Community Engagement Specialist is a new role, and will report to Rebecca Jewell, Senior Manager of Community Engagement. This is a great role for a strong communicator and project implementer who is looking to develop these skills, and to have opportunities for innovation and community building.
Scope of Work
Example projects and workstreams for the Community Engagement Specialist include:
Communications & Resource Creation
- Engage with B Corps to learn about their needs
- Create resources and email campaigns to deliver value at critical moments in their certification lifecycle
- Engage directly with Certified B Corporations to navigate the certification requirements, increasing retention and satisfaction
Data Tracking and Project Implementation
- Monitor data tracking systems for B Corp certification requirements
- Implement project plans to improve data quality and the health and resilience of the B Corp community
For success in this role, you will:
- Have great listening skills and an eagerness to understand companies’ experiences and needs
- Be curious and data-driven, using data to identify opportunities for improvement
- Consider yourself a problem-solver
Please note in your application if you have experience with:
- Customer service or community engagement
- Communications, writing, and/or resource creation for varied audiences
- Navigating Google Suite, or a comparable office suite and/or cloud-based file storage
- Salesforce or a comparable CRM, and to what extent
- Slack or a comparable inter-office communication tool
B Lab offers a comprehensive compensation plan that includes:
- An annual salary in the range of $42,000 – $45,000
- Excellent health benefits package including access to medical, vision and dental coverage
- Paid time off for vacation – in your first year, you’ll start with 3 weeks (prorated in a calendar year)
- Unlimited sick and personal time – if you need it, use it
- A warm, inviting and inclusive organizational culture!
We require the following in order to consider your application:
- Application questions
- Work sample
We will begin reviewing applications on 10/12/2020 and will continue until we identify a diverse and qualified candidate pool.
All applications will be reviewed by our team, and all candidates will receive an update on their status no later than 11/6/2020.