While the following internship descriptions will be the main focus of each position, interns will have the opportunity to rotate through the different departments in order to gain a well-rounded sport management experience.
General Internship Information:
- Internship will run from mid-May to mid-August 2021
- Preference given to current college students pursuing internship for academic credit
- Attendance required at all 32 Big Sticks home games and special events as needed
- Additional office hours will be required on non-game days as needed
- Required to maintain challenging schedule, up to 80+ hours per week at times during homestands
- All interns will be required to help out in all areas of team operations as needed
For this position we are looking for 2-3 candidates.
Includes but not limited to:
- Setup and tear down of stadium on gamedays
- Collaborating with concessions manager on staffing, ordering, or inventory
- Operating merchandise sales
- Attending to home and away dugouts before, during, and after the game
- Working with the box office
- Other duties assigned
The organizational goals and objectives for this position is to ensure organization in all aspects of the ballpark whether that be ticketing, concessions, merchandise, etc. while maintaining a high level of customer service.