About Barclays Internal Audit
Internal Audit assists the Board and Executive Management to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of Barclays. Barclays Internal Audit (BIA) aims to provide independent, reliable, valued, insightful and timely assurance to the Board and Executive Management over the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control over current and evolving risks, in the context of the current and expected business environment and in accordance with the International Standards definition of internal auditing.
The chance to make an impact
It is the policy of the Board of Barclays and Barclays Bank PLC to maintain an independent internal audit function to undertake internal audit work throughout Barclays.
· Be Brilliant
· Be Impactful
· Be Agile
Real responsibility, right away
As a Summer Analyst, you’ll spend the summer with one of our business-facing or functional teams, building a solid foundation in Internal Audit through hands-on experience and exposure to experienced colleagues and senior managers. During the program, you may participate in the following process and performance responsibilities:
· support the team with projects, research and other aspects of their role
· play a part in the audit delivery process through work delegated by audit team
· consistently follow policy and procedure taking into account Barclays reputation at all times
· take ownership of your learning and role performance to get the most out of the internship
· proactively take on additional tasks
· suggest practical ways of improving the work and apply where appropriate.
A place where you can thrive
At Barclays, you’ll be surrounded by people who will help you achieve your ambitions. Our collaborative, supportive environment gives you the chance to build solid relationships with senior leaders, peers and clients alike. You’ll be encouraged to work closely with experienced colleagues on a daily basis, helping you develop mentoring relationships early in your career.
During the program, you’ll also:
· participate in formal and informal training
· connect with junior and senior mentors
· attend dedicated networking sessions and other program events
· receive detailed performance feedback
· give back to the community through volunteer events.
And if you really impress us, this could be the beginning of an incredible career. We invite top-performing, eligible summer analysts to join us as full-time Internal Audit analysts after graduation.
To be considered for this program, you must:
· be an undergraduate student with an anticipated graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022
· you must be able to demonstrate that you live the Barclays values and behaviors:
o Respect – Respect and value those you work with and the contribution they make
o Integrity – Act fairly, ethically and openly in everything you do
o Service – Put clients and customers at the center of everything you do
o Excellence – Use your energy, skills and resources to deliver the best sustainable results
o Stewardship – Be passionate about leaving things better than you found them.
Ideally, you would also have:
· a GPA of 3.2 or above
· unrestricted U.S. work authorization
· proven track record of high academic performance
· desire to develop and progress career aspirations
· experience of flexing and adapting style to meet the needs of others
· strong oral and written communication skills.
Ready to apply?
Please submit an application through Barclays’ online system. Then, submit your resume and cover letter through your school’s career management application system if required. Please note that you can apply to only one Barclays graduate program globally.
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Our purpose is creating opportunities to rise. We support sustainable and inclusive growth by connecting the ideas, innovations and aspirations of our customers and clients to the capital that can bring them to life. For over 325 years we have funded progress, and today we remain committed to helping make our world more sustainable, more inclusive and more connected.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website home.barclays
To learn more about careers at Barclays, visit joinus.barclays
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
2021 US Internal Audit Summer Analyst Program
About Barclays Internal Audit