*Please note that this is a for-credit internship.
About the Position
This position will work directly with Heat Inverse C-level management to build this clean energy startup in the Ithaca, NY area. This role includes finding fruitful partnerships, investor and customer opportunities, and building relationships with vendors and increasing company awareness about the value of the company’s thin-film product. Interns in this role will develop content and learn about the cleantech startup ecosystem while gaining entrepreneurial skills in customer segmentation, investor pitching, client management and marketing campaigns.
Successful candidates should be highly innovative, possess the ability to problem-solve, work well within a team, have the ability to think outside the box and have good communication and persuasive capabilities.
Role and Responsibility
- Work closely with the Founders and Product Developers on a wide variety of challenging tasks, getting wide exposure.
- Market research on the best types of partnership opportunities for a clean energy startup. Find and build strategic partnerships with investors, potential customers, vendors, etc.
- Strategy sessions with the management team on best ways to approach partners, creating processes of maximizing efficiency and improving the offer and value proposition to increase appeal and collaboration success rate.
- Developing creative and engaging approaches to increase reach, visibility and grow the customer base.
- Sales outreach, product marketing, and business reporting as required for investors and grants.
- Work with the management team on financial projections and planning based on new strategies
- Majors in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, or equivalent.
- Experience in Product Development or in related field.
- Technical capabilities, including knowledge of and experience using online programs such as Slack, Calendly, project management tools, CRM and G-Suite.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Business, financial, strategic, marking and/or sales talents.
- Leadership and Teamwork.
- Creative thinking and Problem-solving.
- Ability to thrive in the uncertain and an ever-changing (but exciting!) startup environment.
- Ability to work remotely, and preferably be available for in-person meetings when that becomes reasonable again.
**Motivation to learn trumps all other skills. Diversity is integral to our mission. **
Please visit https://www.binghamton.edu/ccpd/students/undergrad/gain-experience/cdci.html if you have any questions about receiving credit for the internship.