The Global Studies and LxC Programs, in collaboration with Harpur College’s Department of Art & Design and the School of Management, are pleased to announce the creation of a media, marketing, and creative development internship program. The internship program will commence Spring 2021 and will have two intern openings per semester.
We are looking for Media, Marketing, and Creative Development interns who can help develop materials to promote and showcase our programs and to build a strong online presence through our various social media platforms. The interns will be responsible for developing and administering social media content that is designed to engage users and create an interactive relationship between students in the programs, prospective students, and alumni. The successful candidates will also be required to collect and review social media data to develop effective campaigns.
We offer a meaningful professional experience with real, hands-on projects and allow for flexibility in creativity and innovation. The successful candidates will be mentored by talented and knowledgeable professors on relevant aspects of social media marketing from both artistic and data-driven perspectives. The candidate will engage in problem-solving and developing various projects related to media and marketing. The intern will acquire skills to work as a competent social media specialist.
This internship is provided through the CDCI program.
This internship is only available to students in Harpur College’s Art & Design Department (preferably Graphic Design majors) AND students in the School of Management (preferably Marketing majors).
Eligible students must be in good standing in their programs with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Preference will be given to third and fourth year students (juniors and seniors).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to problem solve
- Willingness to receive and provide constructive feedback
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and goal-oriented
- Development and upkeep of the social media presence of our programs.
- Creation of strategies to promote our programs and the work of our students.
- Design of relevant materials for various campaigns and initiatives.
- Collaboration with other organizations, offices, and departments to increase both local and global audiences.
- Use of data to analyze and increase the effectiveness of the campaigns.