The Programs & Events Undergraduate Intern assists Program & Events Graduate Intern in planning and presenting programs and events for LGBTQ communities. The Intern organizes programs, assists with logistical details for planning Center events, seeks co-sponsors, and provides other general support.
- Assist Center staff with logistical details for programs and events, including:
- National Coming Out Day/ Pride Week
- Transgender Day of Remembrance
- Day of Silence
- Lavender Graduation
- Late-night programs
- Develop advertising materials, including social media graphics.
- Distribute advertising information, including sending email and B-Engaged notices;
- Provide Center staff with updates to weekly, monthly, semester and annual calendars of campus and community events;
- Act as liaison to student organizations and departments seeking to collaborate on programming;
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings, such as one-on-ones with the director, staff meetings, professional development in-services, Center events, etc., as possible;
- Assist with general office support, such as answering phone calls, replying to emails, greeting visitors in a positive and professional manner.
- Other similar duties as assigned.
- Prior program planning experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong creative and problem solving skills.
- Must be organized and capable of independent work.
- Experience with Canva, Google Drive, BEngaged & social media a plus.
- Must be in good academic standing for the term prior to selection and during entire internship period.
- Must be available to attend all-staff training on select date during winter break.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of and sensitivity to traditionally underrepresented students (including, but not limited to, Asian/Pacific Islander, Asian-American, African, African-American, Latinx, Native American, Alaskan Native, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Questioning students, students with disabilities as well as those with various spiritual/religious beliefs).
Hours: 10 hrs per week
Credits: CDCI or HDEV
Application Due: Monday, April 13, 2020