Do you want to get your feet wet in the construction field? Do you have an open mind and are you ready to learn?
If you have initiative, ask questions, and can ask for more responsibility, you could be a great fit for an internship at Bowen Engineering!
Is construction right for you?
- You enjoy a challenge, and you know the gratification of a hard days’ work.
- You don’t mind a little dirt, heat or cold – it’s a lot better than doing the exact same thing day in and day out.
- You seek out the biggest and best projects because you have confidence in yourself and know it’s an opportunity to learn.
- You lean into challenges and find a way to be a part of the solution.
Our internships do not fit the classic definition. You will:
- Work side by side with union craft, foreman, and superintendents
- Have real working experience with project engineers and project managers
- Be empowered and held accountable
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Project Superintendent and/or Project Engineer and provide technical support
- Responsible for time keeping, cost reporting and submittals
- Assist with layout work and surveying
- Assist with quality control – field testing activities
- Assist project team in material and equipment procurement, planning and scheduling of activities
- Take notes at job coordination meetings and distribute
- Assist with job safety meetings and records; maintain RFI (Request for Information) field files
- Manual work (not more than four weeks total duration)
- Assist with purchasing – solicit prices from vendors, placing small purchase orders, and expediting deliveries
- Develop firm understanding of project scope of work and contract document
- We will ask you about your learning expectations for the summer, and we will assign you to an active project site that will best suit your needs.
Bowen Engineering is a nationwide self-performing construction firm based in Indianapolis, IN. Our internships are located all through the Midwest and east coast. We look forward to reviewing your application!