The Electrical Engineering Internship will allow the successful candidate to enhance their real-life experiences within the field of electrical engineering in a manufacturing environment pertaining to electrical engineering design, construction and operation.
- Update and modify electrical panel schedules using Microsoft excel. May include working with electrical engineer and electrical contractor for circuit verifications
- Assist in planning for plant shutdown(s) including updating electrical impact documents
- Other engineering tasks as assigned
Possible Learning Opportunities
- Electrical power system studies including breaker coordination and arc flash
- Reviewing electrical construction drawings for capital projects
- Walking construction projects with electrical engineer both in plant manufacturing areas and process wastewater treatment plant
- Active harmonic filters – learn how different correction settings in the HMI display impact total harmonic distortion in the electrical system and see the real time results
- Controls and automation exposure
- The Engineering Intern should be, at minimum, enrolled in a Bachelor’s program and studying Electrical Engineering (preference for emphasis in power engineering)
- Knowledge and understanding of single phase and three phase circuits from 120V to 480V
- Students with a minimum of one year of major specific classes, typically Junior level, preferred
- Knowledge/Experience with AutoCAD and Bluebeam is a plus
Chobani is a food maker with a mission of making high-quality and nutritious food accessible to more people, while elevating our communities and making the world a healthier place. In short: making good food for all. In support of this mission, we are a values-driven, people-first, food-and-wellness-focused company, and have been since Hamdi Ulukaya, an immigrant to the U.S., founded the company in 2005. We produce yogurt, oatmilk, dairy- and plant-based creamers, ready-to-drink coffee and plant-based probiotic drinks. Chobani yogurt is America’s No.1 yogurt brand, and it’s made with only natural ingredients without artificial preservatives.
Chobani uses food as a force for good in the world – putting humanity first in everything we do. Our philanthropic efforts prioritize giving back to our communities and beyond: working to eradicate child hunger, supporting immigrants, refugees and underrepresented people, honoring veterans, and protecting the planet. We manufacture our products in New York, Idaho, and Australia. Chobani products are available throughout North America and distributed in Australia and other select markets. For more information, please visit www.chobani.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.
Compensation Range: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour, plus bonus.