Con Edison Clean Energy Businesses through its three main subsidiaries Con Edison Development, Con Edison Energy and Con Edison Solutions, develop, own, and operate renewable energy infrastructure and provide energy-related products and services to wholesale and retail customers.
Con Edison CEB is the second-largest solar producer in North America and the seventh-largest solar producer in the world.
Consolidated Edison Development acquires, develops, builds, and operates wind and solar electric generation facilities across the U.S. The portfolio includes renewable energy generation (wind and solar assets) totaling 2,600 MW AC across 17 states.
The Behind The Meter (BTM) team is a customer facing, revenue earning line of business for the CEB’s renewable energy assets. They are responsible for generating predictable earnings and long-term growth by developing, constructing, owning and operating renewable energy projects.
Learn more about Con Edison Development here: https://www.coneddev.com/.
Summer Internship Program
We offer a paid, 10-week Internship Program that provides students the opportunity to work with a diverse pool of talent in the Energy/Renewable industry.
Dates: June 7, 2021 through August 13, 2021
Length of Program: 10 weeks (40 hour work week)
Location: Valhalla, NY
Preferred Academic Discipline(s): Engineering, Business, Finance, Environmental Sciences
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the multi-faceted aspects of solar project development, including: identifying prospective sites through publicly available sources and screening sites with available online tools
• Assist in updating financial models/proformas and compiling a master database of Community Solar rates and incentives
• Gather and analyze subscription data across CS markets and provide summary information and projections of subscription terms
• Support the development of a Low and Moderate Income subscription program in the state of Virginia
• The student must be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in Sophomore year or later, or graduate/Ph.D. program at an accredited institution
• Taken courses in earth or mineral sciences and sustainability
• Prior internship experience in the renewable field preferred
• Strong interest in the renewable energy industry
• Exceptionally organized with attention to detail and ability to work on more than one project at a time
• Good computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
• Experience performing research using tools other than Google
• Outgoing personality, self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills
• Live within a commutable distance to the Valhalla, NY office location
• Must provide proper work authorization
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.