The Civil / Municipal Staff Engineer candidate will develop scopes of work, budgets, plans, as well as execute and deliver projects on time, on budget, and to the performance expectations of the client. The Civil / Municipal Staff Engineer will manage and execute projects dealing with all aspects civil engineering including, municipal, water, sanitary sewer, stormwater, road work, recreation and infrastructure upgrades.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Participation in meetings with clients to define project parameters
- Working with a team of engineers to provide a coordinated and complete design of projects
- Preparing contract documents suitable for bidding
- Preparing permit applications
- Monitoring the quality and progress of construction projects
We are presently seeking a Civil / Municipal Staff Engineer with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Registration in good standing as an Engineer-In-Training (or eligibility to be registered).
- Strong computer skills are required: MS Outlook, Word, and Excel. Familiarity with AutoCAD, ArcGIS, and MS Project is a plus.
- High productivity, attention to detail, effective verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to work well in a team environment.
- Valid driver’s license with dependable transportation.
- Ability to travel to clients and project site may be required.
- GIS experience a plus.