The Water/Wastewater Staff Engineer candidate will develop scopes of work, budgets, plans, as well as execute and deliver projects on time, on budget, and to the performance expectations of the client. The Water/Wastewater Staff Engineer will manage projects dealing with all aspects of water distribution, storage and treatment systems, and wastewater collection, conveyance, and treatment facilities.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Participation in meetings with clients to define project parameters
- Working with a team of engineers to provide a coordinated and complete design
- Preparing contract documents suitable for bidding
- Preparing permit applications
- Monitoring the quality and progress of construction projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil or mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Experience in the water and wastewater field os a plus.
- FE/EIT is a plus
- Familiarity with hydraulic design, water and wastewater treatment processes, engineering economics, preparation of specifications and engineering report writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and flexibility to support time-critical report development and production in order to meet demanding schedules.
- Strong computer skills are required: MS Outlook, Word, and Excel. Familiarity with AutoCAD, ArcGIS, and MS Project is a plus.