At C&S Companies, we believe work environment, culture, and the opportunity to learn and grow are key elements when considering an internship. We are just the right size to provide the resources and support you need without the burdensome bureaucracy of a large corporate environment. To that end, we foster a family-friendly and supportive workplace; collaborative and employee-focused with an emphasis on quality, integrity, trust, fun and accountability.
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are a top priority at C&S. We promote personal and professional growth by cultivating and sustaining a safe, inclusive atmosphere where everyone feels a sense of belonging. By encouraging employees to bring their whole selves to work, we create a diverse and equitable environment where all our voices are heard.
As an intern on our Industrial Airport, and Private Facilities team, you will be an integral part of projects and support key members of our team. Our internship program provides all interns an opportunity to meet with leadership and work with mentors on both professional and technical development. We also have a lot of fun – between company events, intern socials, and team bonding, our interns become a part of our ONE C&S mentality.
- Assist and support technical mentors and teammates with job-site field work (client interaction, measurements, as-builting, etc.).
- Participate in live and self-driven/asynchronous learning activities (technical knowledge, software, etc.).
- Participate in internal project team meetings.
- Review and organize existing building/facility drawings (hard copies and electronic).
- Begin to understand Building Code Requirements and how they impact our projects.
- Assist and support technical mentors and teammates with Autodesk Revit modeling on our projects.
Perform analysis and design calculations for technical items on our projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or another related field. Completion of sophomore year preferred.
- Knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD or other 3D modeling systems
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Previous internship experience or involvement in a related student association a plus.
Estimated Compensation Range: $18.50-$21.50/hour*
*Actual compensation may vary based on prior internship experience, current academic year, degree program, certifications, and geographical location.
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
WHO WE ARE: C&S Companies, operating for more than 50 years, is a national planning, design and construction firm with more than 500 employees and growing. C&S Companies delivers critical infrastructure design, planning and construction services in aviation, civil/site infrastructure, construction and program management, construction/design-build, energy, environmental, facilities, architecture, planning, sustainability and transportation. We have offices throughout New York State, California, Florida, Michigan, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wahington, and Kentucky.