Salary Grade: Intern – Corporate & Legislative Affairs Intern
Time Frame: Summer 2021
· Conduct research on projects/files that require in-depth study and analysis.
· Gather and organize data for reports/projects.
· Write articles for inclusion in the monthly newsletter, The Federal Advocate.
· Cover assigned Congressional webinars and prepare summaries.
· Draft letters to various elected officials.
· Assist in arranging site visits of elected officials.
· Attend potential meet & greets with various CUNA Mutual managers/directors/officers.
· Communicate with customer and/or representative, providing information, options and taking the necessary action as needed.
· Assist with the creation of press releases and political grassroots action alerts.
· Assist the CUNA Mutual Political Action Committee.
· Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Government, Law, Public Policy or related field.
· Strong writing skills.
· Inquisitive about public policy issues; intellectually curious.
· Self-motivated and self-directed.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to work in a team environment and learn and grow with a results-focused work ethic.
· Strong customer-orientation and excellent communication skills, i.e., verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail related to project planning and execution.