The Shark Group is a Marketing Consulting firm that offers branding solutions for its world‐class clients of top brands and celebrities founded by DAYMOND JOHN, CEO & Founder of FUBU and star of ABC’s hit business show SHARK TANK. It has perfected the methods to ingrain companies, brands, and products into the social consciousness. Using product integration, sponsorships, licensing and unique events, it organically promotes products in the hottest music videos, on the most popular television shows, and with the most influential celebrities.
With over 30 years in the licensing industry focusing on brand extensions, The Shark Group has developed multi-million dollar programs with major fashion brands. Our powerful network of strategic partners— maintained at the senior level of our business—cross industries including apparel, electronics, sports, publishing, beverages, accessories, footwear, and entertainment.
As an intern within the licensing department you will work directly with the Head of Licensing and Licensing Manager developing your knowledge of product and brand licensing, while gaining exposure to strategic marketing, brand development, strengthening your critical thinking, organizational, and strategic planning skills.
Qualifications: Candidates must possess the following skills and abilities:
- Highly functional computing and social media skills, with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms
- Design skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) preferred but not required
- Strong business writing and editing skills
- Solid organizational, analytical, logical reasoning, oral and written presentation skills
- Be able to conduct research, synthesizing findings in a succinct report
- Personable and comfortable in the presence of celebrities and top executives
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
- Ability to take constructive criticism, channeling such feedback for positive professional growth
- Maximum amount of internship hours a week: 20 per week
Interns will be exposed to a variety of projects and assignments throughout the course of their internship, in line with their educational goals and career interests. Some of these responsibilities, projects, and assignments have been provided below:
- Support the Head of Licensing and Licensing Manager by helping them to innovate brand licensing strategies on behalf of our clients, improving the intern’s creative and strategic thinking within a business setting
- Conduct research on potential product categories, manufacturers, distributors, learning the brand licensing landscape
- Aid in supporting the needs of clients under the direction of department heads, gaining direct exposure to a wide variety of clients across multiple industries
- Assist the Licensing Manager in the preparation or revision of client correspondences, status reports, improving business writing skills
- Assist the department staff with other special projects, as needed
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university and able to receive credit for your internship at The Shark Group
- Must provide an official school letter acknowledging proof of enrollment and eligibility
- All internships will be remote, candidates must have access to working wifi and a computer/ laptop
This is an unpaid internship; however, a $10 daily travel stipend will be provided.
The Shark Group is in compliance with all State and Federal labor laws and guidelines.