DLZ Corporation currently has an Environmental Geologist / Scientist or Engineer opening in Lansing, MI.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in a team setting, to perform environmental and/or geological assignments of a varied nature, requiring a solid understanding of environmental and scientific principles, and regulatory requirements applicable to specific investigations or studies; and the exercise of professional judgment.
- Conduct groundwater monitoring, well installation, perform well development, purging and sampling, along with necessary field measurements.
- Conduct vapor intrusion investigations and soil gas sampling.
- Assist in a variety of environmental investigations collecting and evaluating geological and hydrogeological information for ultimate site characterization and contaminant mitigation.
- Perform work with general guidance and supervision or provide support to more experienced personnel. Responsible for some projects of minor to moderate complexity.
- Accurately log, classify, and sample soils for a wide range of environmental projects involving solid and/or hazardous waste sites, underground storage tank sites, and other sites involving petroleum fuel releases.
- Lay out borings, clear utilities, and coordinate drilling activities with drill crews.
- Conduct all aspects of Transaction Due Diligence projects including Phase I ESAs, Phase II Investigations, and Baseline Environmental Assessments.
- Review title, regulatory, governmental and historical data from available sources to establish property history, including personal contact with individuals and officials. Perform site reconnaissance, physical inspections, surveying, and data collection as needed.
- Assist in conducting geophysical surveys.
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in geology or relate environmental science, or related engineering field
- 0 – 5 years relevant experience
- OSHA 40 HAZWOPER Training and applicable 8 Hour refresher updates beneficial
- GIS coursework or training useful
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to travel approximately 50% of the time for field work with overnight stays occasionally required.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record, and the ability to pass a background investigation and drug testing.
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We recognize the importance in employing a diverse workforce and achieve this by making employment decisions based on business needs, merit, and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.
True innovation and success can only be achieved by respecting, empowering, and leveraging the unique perspectives, skills, and experiences of each person as an individual. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply!