Location: Mt. Sterling, IL Department: Accounting Reports To: Treasury Supervisor
Your Role: Performs various functions to meet internal and external customer expectations including timely and
accurate closing of the accounting periods, financial and managerial reporting, budget preparation, supplier and
customer net margin review and reporting, inventory control accounting, and other projects as required.
• Supports the Finance team by performing Treasury functions, forecasting, financial modeling as needed.
• Assists in preparing annual budgets.
• Work with managers throughout Dot to identify problems and propose solutions.
• Represents the accounting team on new company initiatives.
• Performs various financial analysis as needed across multiple areas of the business.
• Collaborates with Sales and Business Development leadership to produce and enhance the accuracy and
usability of all supplier and customer profitability reporting.
• Works with Accounting Managers to establish goals and procedures that promote accuracy and consistency
of financial results.
• Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
• Travel – Occasional overnight travel for internal trainings and meetings. Must have ability to travel
independently as needed, without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train.
We Need You To Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
programs such as Excel and Access.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to meet established deadlines/goal dates.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
We’d Like You To Have:
• Previous experience in accounting or finance.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Database knowledge, query skills and SQL
• Financial modeling skills.
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within
the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any
differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an
inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
• Salary Grade 14
• Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
• Significant advancement opportunities