Join our team!
FAIR Girls is an anti human trafficking nonprofit based in DC. We provide intervention and holistic care to survivors of human trafficking who identify as girls or young women. Through prevention education and policy advocacy, FAIR Girls also works to eradicate human trafficking and create brighter outcomes for survivors.
FAIR Girls is NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR 2020. We have reached maximum capacity and are are NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SPRING 2021.
The primary objectives of the internship are for the intern to:
- Understand the role of FAIR Girls’ Outreach and Prevention Education Specialist
- Work independently and collaboratively on projects managed by the Outreach and Prevention Education Specialist
- Learn time management skills while working on multiple time-sensitive projects
- Learn how to efficiently plan and provide logistical support for large events; and
- Participate in a broad range of activities and research
The intern’s principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist with preparation for FAIR Girls’ upcoming Webinar Series
- Create and distribute educational e-flyers
- Conduct case research on labor trafficking, domestic sex trafficking, and commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC) cases
- Conduct research on human trafficking policy
- Assist with preparation for FAIR Girls’ Tools and Resources for Understanding the Trafficking of Humans, TRUTH, conference
Internship hours and start date are flexible.
January- June (general time frame)
FAIR Girls is accepting applications from undergraduate, graduate students, and recent grads. The ideal applicant will be good at multitasking, self-motivated, professional, hard-working, and disciplined. They will have excellent research and communication skills, be attentive to details, have the ability to write clearly and concisely, and will be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
Proficiency with the PowerPoint, Excel, and Canva.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Jasmine Morales at firstname.lastname@example.org