Farkouh, Furman & Faccio, LLP (“FF&F”) is a rapidly growing boutique accounting firm situated on Park Avenue in Midtown, Manhattan. Currently, we are looking for accounting interns to join us for our spring internship, with potential opportunities for full-time employment upon graduation.
At FF&F we offer the unique opportunity to work on sophisticated clientele ranging from high net worth individuals and families to providing tax planning and compliance for publicly traded corporations in a small firm, nurturing environment. A major benefit of working for us, as opposed to larger firms, is that you will be exposed to a wide variety of tax matters without being pigeon-holed into one area of tax or accounting. The opportunities to work on various special projects and research for advisory services for M&A deals, business start-ups, accounting, entity selection, and financial planning are endless.
We offer an outstanding learning environment where you will work directly with the partners, as well as have access to the best research tools. This position offers you the perfect opportunity for career growth where you control your own destiny. We focus on outcomes as opposed to output with the constant goal of adding value to our clients. Potential candidates must exhibit common sense, ownership, passion and the desire to service clients.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
· Preparation of various types of federal and state tax returns, including high net worth individuals, trusts, foundations, partnerships and S/C corporation returns
· Possible audit field work and audit preparation (if interested)
· Assistance with and preparation of estimates, filing fees and various schedules associated with tax returns
· Additional special tax research and projects, as needed
· Possible accounting and bookkeeping projects using generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), including use of QuickBooks, Xero and other general accounting software
· Bachelor’s degree candidacy in Accounting
· Minimum GPA of 3.00
· 32-40 hours/week availability Monday-Friday
· Relevant tax or audit courses completed
· Ability to work well under pressure and time constraints
· Computer literacy and the capability to learn new programs quickly
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate to clients
· Great time management skills with the ability to prioritize
· Desire to learn and be proactive
· Relevant work or internship experience is a plus
· CPA-track candidates are a plus
· Availability for overtime, Saturdays and/or Sundays is a plus
Because our firm is growing rapidly and becoming more innovative in the way we deliver client service, there is also a chance to use your creativity and contribute your ideas. Creativity and thinking outside the box are encouraged