First Derivatives is a leading provider of products and consulting services to the capital markets industry. After years of success overseas, we’re bringing our Graduate Programme to North America.
The Software Engineering role is a unique opportunity for highly technical graduates with an interest in cutting-edge technology and the capital markets sector. Those chosen for this stream will help us develop our world-leading Kx Technology or go work as a Software Engineer at our client sites around the world. Graduates must be keen to continuously develop their skillset both technically and financially, whilst also being able to communicate effectively with other members of a small team and the end-user, often a trader.
Those selected for this role will embark on an exciting career working for leading clients in a wide range of industries that combines technical prowess with business insight and commercial acumen. Successful candidates will be exposed to the latest technologies, including the market-leading kdb+ database and q analytics language, machine learning applications and more. Roles can be based throughout North America in New York, Boston and Chicago with the initial training taking place in our Newry HQ in Northern Ireland for 1 month. Travel costs and accommodation will be provided throughout the training period.
As well as a competitive base salary, successful candidates will avail of our generous accommodation and expenses package, including:
– Generous accommodation & expenses package while working on project sites
– Free city centre shared accommodation provided with a cleaning service
– Award Winning Training
– 4 weeks training in Ireland with regular sports and social outings
– Health Care and Pension packages
– Rapid career progression
– Supportive Team Environment
– Social calendar
For more information on the training program and typical assignments, please see the ‘Junior Consulting Program’ and Capital Markets Training Program’ documents on our website:
***Please apply through Handshake as well as the link below:!***
The ideal applicant will have:
– An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem solving and technical skills to combine them
– A 3.4 GPA in Computing, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or Engineering or a similarly quantitative discipline
– Excellent communication skills to present findings and articulate their business benefits
– Experience with Java, C/C++ and/or UNIX is beneficial
– Commitment to the 2 year training period which rolls into a full time permanent position
– US citizenship or permanent US residency