Primary responsibilities shall center on the design, support, and implementation of control systems for fully automated wash lines. Provide leadership and direction in the areas of automation, integration, and information for all product lines at G.A. Braun.
Responsibilities will include owning the software and controls engineering process to support Sales, Manufacturing, Parts and Service to ensure that the product software and controls are accurately maintained and controlled to produce consistently high quality performance from Braun’s machines as well as maintain ease of use of our controls for our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design software and controls for equipment considering engineering standards, form, fit, function, safety, reliability, cost, ease of use, and ease of maintenance.
- Develop all technical documentation to support consistent, repeatable manufacturability including detailed operational descriptions for controls, definition of tolerances, specifications for purchased components or materials, quality standards, test requirements and any specialized processes.
- Program and configure Washnet PC’s and various types of PLC’s for Manufacturing, Parts or Service.
- Program customer wash formulas into applicable machine PLC’s and work with various chemical vendors to assist and train them in the use of Washnet’s formula programming capability.
- Trouble-shoot, diagnose, and assist in the repair and performance optimization of Braun equipment, particularly from the aspect of machine controls.
- Ensure that all engineering changes are accurately and thoroughly documented and communicated via Braun’s Engineering Change Notice (ECN) process.
- Proactively participate in or lead team-based continuous improvement (Kaizen) efforts for applicable product lines to ensure that the product design, manufacturing process and product costs are always being improved upon from a software and controls perspective.
- Develop and accurately maintain all applicable machine software revisions, Service Manuals, Work Instructions, ECN’s, Sales Literature, Test Data and any other pertinent product information necessary for proper engineering control.
- Under guidance from Senior Braun Management, design and develop new products in accordance with Braun’s New Product Development Process.
- Work with Inside Sales to develop project costs and scope of work for customer projects.
- Work with the Service & Parts Department as required to provide engineering support to customers and equipment in the field.
- Work with the Purchasing Department to develop and maintain proper specifications and for purchased parts used in applicable machines and, as required, assist in qualifying new components or new vendors.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in an appropriate engineering field is desired along with appropriate experience in the design and engineering support of PLC-based controls for industrial equipment. Knowledge of common engineering practices and project management techniques are required, and experience with various programming languages is desired, such as:
- PLC Ladder Logic
- LabVIEW (MMI)
- Visual “C”
- Visual Basic
- Data Reporting Systems (Microsoft Access or other)