Systemax has a 70-year track record of market-leading innovation. Founded in 1949 as a small material handling company, we’ve grown to be an industry leader with over 1.7 million products in 21 industrial and commercial categories. At our core, we believe in embracing new ideas, teamwork, accountability, and treating our associates the way we want them to treat our customers. Global Industrial is a subsidiary of Systemax and represents the largest part of the Systemax family.
An internship with Global Industrial is an exciting way to make meaningful contributions to the company’s success, while being able to apply the skills that you’ve gained through your previous coursework and experiences. Over the duration of this 8-week program, you will have the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the company culture and work alongside team members of all levels and fellow interns across a variety of departments. You will undertake a stimulating project directly related to your department, which will give you the type of hands-on experience that can’t be gained in the classroom.
To foster a memorable and productive summer, interns will be given the opportunity to attend networking and social events, listen in on speakers from across the business, and give back to the community through volunteer opportunities. You will further enhance your skills and knowledge about the business, while forming relationships that will continue long after the program comes to an end. You will walk away from this 8-week internship with a greater understanding of the company and with the confidence in knowing that your hard work makes an impact much larger than you imagined.
This intern in this role will assist the legal department in a variety of matters, including researching legal issues, data privacy laws, and intellectual property. This is an exciting opportunity to learn more about the inner workings of the Legal team, as well as to gain valuable, hands-on experience in the field.
- Execute challenging assignments, collaborate with teams outside of the Legal team, and present your findings to our leadership team.
- Analyze and respond in real-time to business concerns with constructive and effective legal support.
- Conduct legal and policy research.
- Provide support to the legal team in drafting, revising, and finalizing a wide range of commercial contracts critical to the day-to-day operations of our business.
- Interested in pursuing a career working on legal issues in the business world
- Strong writer with efficient legal research skills.
- Strong analytical, presentation, and communication skills.
- Strong communication and writing skills.