Systemax has a 70-year track record of market-leading innovation. Founded in 1949 as a small material handling company, we’ve grown to be an industry leader with over 1.7 million products in 21 industrial and commercial categories. At our core, we believe in embracing new ideas, teamwork, accountability, and treating our associates the way we want them to treat our customers. Global Industrial is a subsidiary of Systemax and represents the largest part of the Systemax family.
An internship with Global Industrial is an exciting way to make meaningful contributions to the company’s success, while being able to apply the skills that you’ve gained through your previous coursework and experiences. Over the duration of this 8-week program, you will have the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the company culture and work alongside team members of all levels and fellow interns across a variety of departments. You will undertake a stimulating project directly related to your department, which will give you the type of hands-on experience that can’t be gained in the classroom.
To foster a memorable and productive summer, interns will be given the opportunity to attend networking and social events, listen in on speakers from across the business, and give back to the community through volunteer opportunities. You will further enhance your skills and knowledge about the business, while forming relationships that will continue long after the program comes to an end. You will walk away from this 8-week internship with a greater understanding of the company and with the confidence in knowing that your hard work makes an impact much larger than you imagined.
The intern in this role will analyze problems, probe facts, and find creative and effective solutions to meet business goals. This is an exciting opportunity to learn more about the inner workings of the Operations Team, as well as to gain valuable, hands-on experience in the field.
- Execute challenging assignments, collaborate with teams outside of Inventory, and present your findings to our leadership team.
- Design and implement sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes.
- Provide insight to larger team on trends and errors and provide innovative business solutions.
- Review various processes including sales compensation planning, sales new hire onboarding & training, and our North America Sales Forecasting process. Make formal recommendations for improvements.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program studying any major under Business Administration or Organizational Development.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint).
- Project management skills.
- Intellectual curiosity with a strong desire to learn and grow.