Our Capital Markets Group provides capital-raising services for a wide variety of clients, from large, publicly held, multinational corporations to privately held companies either sponsor-backed or founded and run by entrepreneurs. In partnership with our Industry Coverage teams and Financial Sponsors Group, we combine superior sector knowledge and relationships with significant expertise in structuring and syndicating financings.
We approach each transaction with the goal of creating a capital structure that enables our clients to achieve their strategic priorities with the best terms available in the market. Houlihan Lokey has acted as an underwriter, an agent, or a strategic advisor for a wide variety of financings, including private issuances of leveraged loans, mezzanine debt, and minority equity as well as public offerings of common stock, equity-linked securities, and high-yield bonds. In a capital markets environment that is rapidly changing and increasingly complex, it is critical to have a trusted investment bank with the experience and proven ability to deliver a tailored financing solution—not just capital.
In 2020, we raised over $9 billion of capital for corporate clients worldwide. Given our large volume of financing transactions, we believe that we have an unusual ability to fully understand the ever-changing capital markets and achieve optimal outcomes for our clients.
We have approximately 45 dedicated finance professionals across our offices in New York, Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, London, and Milan.
Houlihan Lokey’s Capital Markets Group originates, structures, and executes private and public debt and equity financings on behalf of the firm’s corporate clients across numerous industries. Financial analysts work on transactions that provide exposure to various financing products, techniques and applications, such as bank debt / senior loans, second-lien debt, unitranche debt, mezzanine debt and equity / equity-linked securities for a variety of situations, including growth capital, leveraged buyouts (LBOs), acquisition financing, refinancings, dividend recapitalizations and special situations. Members of the Capital Markets Group work closely with a range of sponsor-backed, public and privately-owned clients, as well as with Houlihan Lokey’s industry coverage, M&A and financial restructuring teams.
· Work directly with a talented, dedicated staff of senior professionals who will give you broad exposure to the many different considerations affecting public and private debt and equity financings;
· Assist with evaluating and structuring customized financing alternatives for clients;
· Develop general corporate finance and valuation skills relevant to raising capital, while building a detailed understanding of key developments in the debt and equity capital markets; and
· Interact with a broad range of businesses across different industries and with unique capital needs.
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is collegial and entrepreneurial, and, as such, rewards financial analysts with substantial responsibility and interaction with senior-level professionals.
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities and background:
· Undergraduate degree (business / economics degree preferred, but not required) from strong academic institution
· Top academic performer and a quick learner capable of performing in an unstructured environment
· At least one year of relevant work experience (investment banking, leveraged finance, credit underwriting / structuring / syndication, or lending experience preferred, but not required)
· Proven accounting, finance, financial modeling and analytical abilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff
· Very strong work ethic and careful attention to detail
· Strong organizational skills and a proven self-starter
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.