Watson Health- Analytic Consultant (Early Professional)
IBM’s Industry Consultants are essential to our clients as they work to reinvent themselves for the future. Join our highly visible and highly skilled team of global consultants as we strive to accelerate sales, deliver client engagements, and build IBM’s market eminence. If you are a forward-thinker and a curious intellectual, we welcome you to apply for your next exciting career challenge!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Works closely with team members to run and analyze data using a combination of IBM software, open source tools and Microsoft Office packages.
- Executes analytic methodologies to support client actions and decision-making using basic skills in statistics and database management.
- Develops and/or produces analytic reports to support client actions and decision-making.
- Supports other team members with analytic activities, including assisting with the development and execution of test plans.
- Assists with the development and documentation of analytical results, and with the presentation of these elements to clients.
- Prepares and delivers effective and polished presentation type summaries of results to clients remotely and in person.
- Provides analytic support to design, develop and implement new solutions
- participates in requirements analysis, report design and testing, and user training.
- Collaborates across internal teams to achieve common goals in areas of data analysis, methodology review, and product improvement.
- Ensure all reports and deliverables are completed accurately and on-time.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health/Public Policy or Administration, Health Informatics, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration or similar field.
- 1-2 years quantitative work experience or graduate level education focused on health and/or human services programs.
- Experience applying health care analysis methods and measures utilizing basic statistical methods and tools such as Cognos, R, Python, SAS, SPSS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with individuals at various levels within the organization and with external clients.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Able to effectively manage own time for managing multiple tasks simultaneously, while completing work within allocated time frames.
- Demonstrated ability to understand industry issues and problems, relate them to clients’ needs, and propose appropriate solutions.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Masters Degree in Health/Public Policy or Administration, Health Informatics, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration or similar field.
- Experience working with health care claims data.
- Knowledge of health and human services programs and policies
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.