iD Tech is looking for a positive and energetic Operations Manager to join our team! You will identify and mentor top talent and tackle unique logistical challenges head-on.
Are you a coach who wants to make a tangible difference in people’s lives? Do you enjoy unlocking the potential of others? Do you thrive on variety, whether it be leading a training session, creative problem solving, or building relationships with university partners? We hope you’ll consider sharing your talents with us.
At iD Tech, our mission is to create life-changing tech experiences that embolden students to shape the future. We have been in business for over 21 years, and we are now a world leader in online and in-person STEM education for kids and teens.
Join our cast of talented, creative people who care deeply about revolutionizing STEM education for the next generation of game designers, programmers, web and app developers, filmmakers, tech leaders, and entrepreneurs. iD Tech engages over 50,000 students a year through our on-campus and online programs and has over 450,000 alumni.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You have experience managing a team. Ideal candidates have prior experience in the youth summer camp industry. A background in education, event planning, hospitality, management, recreation, or business is also helpful.
- You are a skilled leader and coach. You have a knack for identifying talent and unlocking potential. You are comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
- You are curious! We are an education company and we are always learning. Successful Operations Managers actively ask questions, seek guidance, and learn new things.
- You are flexible. You understand that not every problem has a clear-cut solution. In fact, you love a unique challenge that requires creative problem-solving.
- You are able to prioritize. You can handle multiple things coming across your desk at once and can identify what needs your attention first.
- You are willing to bring your personality to work. If it’s “Superhero Day” at camp, you are likely to show up in a bright green cape.
- You value STEM education for our global youth. You understand the need for greater diversity in tech and you want to play a role in bridging those gaps.
As an Operations Manager, you will oversee the staffing and operations of multiple in-person iD Tech summer programs. This is a multi-faceted role; below are some of the key responsibilities:
- Interview, hire, and develop new talent
- Coach seasonal staff using iD Tech’s performance management philosophy
- Build and maintain relationships with business partners
- Provide excellent customer service
- Onboard and train seasonal staff, both in-person and using online tools
- Schedule seasonal staff and approve payroll
- Oversee operations for 7-10 program locations (this is a remote position but travel is required)
- Support marketing efforts for iD Tech programs
- Create and sustain a fun, engaging camp environment for campers and staff
Extensive training. Your first few days on the job will be spent learning about:
- Our business and programs
- iD Tech’s approach to performance management
- Hiring and interviewing practices
- Strategies for successfully working remotely
- Building positive relationships with location liaisons
- Generous PTO, holidays, and a paid two-week winter break.
- Heath, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with employer match
- Camp scholarships
- Work remotely with provided company cell phone, and computer, and monthly internet service stipend
Committed to Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
At iD Tech, our mission is to build a place where ingenuity, diverse perspectives and talent can flourish. While we have a JEDI Council guiding these efforts, every person on our team is responsible for creating an inclusive space where people can grow, thrive, and do their best work. As an equal opportunity employer, we foster a culture for advancement, contribution, and inspiration from all of our identities within iD Tech and our student community.
We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.