Inrad Optics is seeking talented technicians to add to our experienced quality team. We are looking for a person with the ability to operate sensitive and complex equipment in order to assure the best quality optics. This person will primarily be responsible for measuring the accuracy of crystals used in the construction of X-ray monochromators and communicating this information to manufacturing, among other x-ray related tasks. If you are a detail-oriented individual with a broad understanding of either modern physics X-ray instrumentation, then you may be an excellent candidate for this career building position manufacturing precision optics for defense and space applications.
- Measuring of crystal orientation using x-rays, goniometer, lasers, etc. and author reports of inspection results.
- Works with production personnel to coordinate measurement timing and ensure proper crystallographic orientation through iterative slicing and measurements.
- Perform set up of x-ray instrumentation and measurements of crystal quality using said instrumentation and inhouse developed software
- Perform complex mechanical and optical inspections of semi-finished and finished optical surfaces involving specialized set-ups to assure compliance with customer, industrial and military specifications
- Organize and maintain all required QA documents both electronically and paper files
- Communicate and cooperate with associates and other departments to resolve issues and improve quality
- Initiate Non-Conforming Material Reports (NCMRs) and assist manufacturing and engineering personnel with corrective action and MRB activities
- Follow, communicate, monitor and provide feedback for QA procedures
- BS in physics, chemistry, material science, or AS with 2 years’ relevant experience.
- Experience in X-ray applications a plus
- Hands-on laboratory experience and comfort with relevant instrumentation.
- General understanding of X-ray safety protocols
- Good analytic skills, sense of urgency, and a positive attitude.
- Abilities in optics, electronics, software programming, and laboratory equipment are preferred.
- Ability to visualize abstract concepts such as x-ray beam paths.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, thorough in completing work tasks and checking for accuracy along the way
- Ability to lift at least 25lbs.
- Must be fully vaccinated
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident as we are a United States controlled information facility
- Monday-Friday Schedule
- Flexible PTO
- 401k matching