Interactive Brokers Group seeks a Back-end Applications Developer for our Tax and Web Development Groups to participate in all phases of the development cycle for our customer-facing brokerage systems. The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following; design, develop and maintain backend and middleware services for Interactive Brokers web based account registration, account maintenance, tax, and compliance systems. Typical projects will focus on data base backend and middleware services development using Java, PL/SQL. Smaller projects will use python, Unix shell scripting and other general purpose development languages and tools.
- BS/MS Computer Science or other related fields
- Strong knowledge of programming concepts, algorithms and concurrency
- 2+ years of Java or similar general purpose OO language
- Strong knowledge of data structures, database concepts, PL/SQL programming
- Prior experience (including college projects) with structured database design
- Familiar with web applications, concepts, and tools