InterDigital develops fundamental wireless and multimedia technologies that are at the core of mobile devices, networks, and services worldwide. We solve many of the industry’s most critical and complex technical challenges, inventing solutions for more efficient broadband networks and a richer multimedia experience years ahead of market deployment. InterDigital has licenses and strategic relationships with many of the world’s leading wireless companies. Founded in 1972, InterDigital is listed on NASDAQ and is included in the S&P MidCap 400® index.
The AIML team at InterDigital is a team of highly motivated, fast-paced, and highly skilled researchers with strong backgrounds in wireless communications, embedded systems, artificial intelligence and machine learning. We are seeking a co-op to help us with data collection for machine learning applications. Co-op will also help with design, setup, and implementation of a data repository in support of our machine learning and artificial intelligence work for wireless communications. The co-op shall perform the following duties and shall have the following qualifications:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the design and implementation of a data repository for wireless system data
- Assessment, selection, and implementation of data formats for various types of wireless data
- Interfacing with internal and external groups to implement the data repository in an external cloud environment
- Implement and test upload and access mechanisms to/from the repository to our ML processing environment
- Documentation, and configuration management
- Must be enrolled in Master’s Degree program in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Proficient in Python, C/C++, Java, SQL and/or other database environments
- Proficiency with Linux environment
- Knowledge of cloud-based storage environments and related tools is preferred
- Knowledge of Machine Learning environments such as PyTorch or TensorFlow is a plus
- Knowledge of GitHub for configuration management is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong team player.
Location: New York, NY
InterDigital is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, immigrant status, military status, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and/or expression), pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, atypical heredity cellular or blood trait, marital status, family status, domestic partner or civil union status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, assignments, evaluations, coaching, promotion, discipline, discharge and layoff.