Jack Henry & Associates is a leading provider of technology solutions primarily for the financial services industry. We are an S&P 500 company that serves approximately 9,000 clients nationwide through three divisions: Jack Henry Banking® supports banks ranging from community banks to multi-billion-dollar institutions; Symitar® provides industry-leading solutions to credit unions of all sizes; and ProfitStars® offers highly specialized solutions to financial institutions of every asset size, as well as diverse corporate entities outside of the financial services industry.
JHA’s Corporate Legal team provides legal services to the entire company and enables our business to deliver exceptional experiences. This team is comprised of a diverse group of individuals who take pride in offering excellent legal services to our company and customers. They enjoy working together and have fun while they work.
This internship program offers law school students a rare opportunity to gain real world experience during law school in virtually every area within the Corporate Legal Department. This position will be based out of our Lenexa, KS or Springfield, MO office.
- Review of Master Services Agreement used with customer sales and related playbook
- Review and editing of non-disclosure agreements
- Participate in negotiation calls (core and payments)
- Participate in vendor review process
- Observe a JHA Money Center board meeting
- Participate in review of SEC filings
- Participate with applicable attorney when new product goes to pricing committee
- Participate in an interaction with Human Resources department
- Participate in a litigation strategy call
- Participate in a data privacy project
- Assist with drafting of officer/director appointments
- Assist in mergers/dissolutions of existing subsidiaries
- Conduct legal research as requested by attorneys in the legal department
This paid internship program begins June 7, 2021 and ends August 13, 2021. Based on successful completion of the 10-week program and business-unit need, continued employment may be offered.
- Currently be enrolled at an accredited law school in the U.S.
- Pursuing a juris doctorate degree, and completed first year of law school, at minimum.
- Have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Be able to work up to 40 hours per week throughout the summer internship with minimum absences.
- Meet legal requirements to work in the U.S. for an indefinite period of time.
- Completed B.S./B.A./B.B.A. (or equivalent bachelors degree).
- Candidate should be in law school currently (second or third year preferred), with an interest in corporate law or business law.
- Works on projects and tasks that are pertinent to the needs of the business unit by applying knowledge, experience and/or education.
- Works with other team members to learn and assist with projects relevant to the department and pursuit of degree.
- Assists the team in their day-to-day functions of servicing our clients or internal customers.
- Assisting with special projects as needed.
- Essential functions to be specified at the department level.
- Begins with a new employee orientation and concludes 10 weeks later with a final project retrospective.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, empowers, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.