The Firm is seeking Accounting students for a summer 2020 Internship.
Interns will work with Accounting Professionals on various client engagements to learn tax preparation, audit procedures and various other accounting responsibilities. Some scanning and administrative responsibilities as needed, but we are looking to provide you with an optimal learning experience with hands-on accounting work. Interns may have the opportunity to do work at client sites.
Interns will work for 8 full weeks starting in June through mid-August.
The ideal candidate is a student who will complete their accounting degree, with 150 credits between December 2021 and August 2022. They will possess a willingness to learn and work hard. And they will have strong computer skills with ability to learn accounting software
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in accounting
- Must have completed intermediate accounting courses – 1 and 2
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
WHAT JANOVER OFFERS
Our Core Values
The relationships between our Firm’s success and your success is built on our core values. For over 80 years, our Firm has forged unbreakable relationships with our clients, our community and each other by adding value to each of those relationships. We seek to develop a relationship and provide value to you by delivering proactive career planning based on forming an understanding of your individual career goals. We create customized, long term career development strategies aimed to capitalize on the existing and emerging opportunities within this profession. We offer career opportunities in:
- Assurance Services (audits, reviews, compilations & agreed upon procedures)
- Client Accounting Services (financials & accounting)
- Taxation (tax planning, research & consulting)
- Advisory & Business Consulting
- Litigation Support, Fraud & Forensic Accounting & Business Valuations
- Pension & Retirement Plan Services
Our Commitment to You
We are committed to providing you with a challenging, motivating, and continual learning environment to support your professional growth. Our career development program is designed to ensure you achieve year-over- year career growth & advancement. We help you build your own career path and achieve success by providing you with:
- Hands‐on experience serving our clients
- Exposure to a range of businesses in various industries
- Mentoring by partners & other professionals
- Training which utilizes national experts in the field of Accounting, Auditing and Taxation
- Exposure to various instructional styles including both live and web-based training
- Learning plans that are tied to our core competencies
- Technical and leadership development training at all levels
- An extensive new hire on-boarding program which allows new hires to integrate with our firm’s culture more easily, and
- The opportunity to make a direct impact on the success of our clients!
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding place to develop your career, if you are seeking something beyond simply a place to work, explore the possibilities with us.
New York, NY or Garden City, NY