Natural Born Leader?
A General Management trainee is responsible for learning the key
components and operations at store level. Through your training, you will
begin to learn management responsibilities in each area of the store and
act as lead supervisor, inventory controller, receiver, department manager,
and warehouse clerk.
You will be expected to increase your impact in the warehouse throughout
your activities and the activities of the people you manage. You will also
spend time leading and serving on teams and committees in an effort to
better understand the business. This career path will ultimately lead you
to become a store manager which benefits you.
• Assist each department manager and rotate through job roles to learn the
intricacies of the warehouse.
• On hand interaction with personnel in our 24 sub departments across the
warehouse to understand daily operations.
• Manage and coordinate responsibilities to employees in the store.
• Gather, measure, and interpret data critical to improving the process within
• Cross functionally work with departments to understand product movement
and the impact it has on internal partners.
• Merchandise items to create the most opportunity for sales growth.
• Perform and evaluate daily, seasonal, and fiscal reports.
• Work on specific projects that drive performance in key areas within
• Assist in product growth through vendor product demonstrations.
• Participate in daily communications with purchasing, other warehouses,
and logistics to enhance knowledge of the processes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
• Excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Strong leadership, planning, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate aptitude for budget development and business analysis
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Access).
• Experience in the food industry is beneficial, but not necessary.